Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Age of Bozo, Day Second

I don't know how long I'm going to maintain a daily comment. This is two days in a row now and I'm becoming fatigued, but the threat American tradition faces is of Democrat expansion of governmental power, and how effective that will be depends a great deal on how effective their President becomes. So I follow him a bit. I presume he's politically dumb as a stump, I would like to find evidence that he is. If he's really dumb he might create ill-will even on his own side, and that would slow down "change", which would mean some chance to preserve freedom.

First, a correction. I said yesterday that his first phone call was to Hamas. It actually was to Abu Mazen, Fatah. Don't know how I made that mistake but this is marginally less bad. He isn't giving legitimacy to those who are presently killing Israelis, only to those who have killed Israelis in the past, and will in the future. --I do note though that today he somewhat made up the slight to Hamas by calling on Israel to open the boarders to Gaza, while Hamas busily rebuilds it's capacity to kill more Jews. This has to be a comfort Hamas, somewhat. At least it's not so evident he's playing favorites between them and Fatah.

And I note he's also becoming firm with some other disrupters of orderly government, the press. Never mind that they're in his corner, that's not really the same as obedient. He was asked a question when he walked into the press room. Imagine that! Of course he was offended, and placed his hand on the reporters shoulder, and sternly explained to said reporter that when Obama walks into the press room, it is for the purpose of indicating that he is most gracious, it most certainly is not meant as an opportunity for the press to be the press. --'Course, the press hasn't been the press for years, so probably (rightly?) he assumes that his concept of the role of the press is the correct one and that it's just that, just now, a tiny infection has developed. Very tiny, but clearly in need of the healing touch of a gentle hand. No need to let things get out-of-hand. --Perhaps this is the way they do it in Zimbabwe. Barack would know that better than I. Or maybe that's just the way community organizers handle things in Chicago?

So that's all I know presently for day two but it's going to have to do for day two because I do not have much time to actually read much news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home